San Francisco, CA. 94143–0734
Phone: (415) 476-1036
- 1980–1984, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, A.B.
- 1985–1989, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, M.D.
- 1995–2002, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, Computer Science, Ph.D.
- 1989–1990, Children’s Hospital, Boston, Department of Medicine, Pediatrics Internship
- 1990–1992, Children’s Hospital, Boston, Department of Medicine, Pediatrics Residency
- 1992–1995, Children's Hospital of Boston, Newborn Medicine Fellowship
- American Board of Pediatrics, 1992, renewed 2007
- American Board of Pediatrics, Sub-board in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, 1995, renewed 2003
Dr. Yao Sun is medical director of the William H. Tooley Intensive Care Nursery at UCSF Children's Hospital. He uses his expertise in medical informatics, a field at the juncture of medicine and computer science, to keep the intensive care nursery on the cutting edge of patient diagnoses and treatments.
Sun is an associate professor of clinical pediatrics in the UCSF Division of Neonatology. He received his medical degree from UCLA, received a doctorate in computer science from MIT, and completed a residency in pediatrics and a fellowship in neonatology at Children's Hospital Bosto