Email [email protected]
- Brown Medical School, Rhode Island
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Los Angeles - Chief Resident
- Keck School of Medicine University of Southern California - Advanced Body Imaging
- ABR Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology
- Diagnostic ultrasound
- Obstetrical care
- Body MRI and ultrasound for onocologic imaging
- hepatobiliary imaging
- female pelvis imaging
Dorothy Shum, MD, is an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Ultrasound Section in the Department of Radiology at the University of California, San Francisco. She is fellowship trained in abdominal imaging with additional subspecialty training in ultrasound. Dr. Shum received her medical degree from Brown Medical School, Rhode Island in 2005, and completed her residency at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Department of Diagnostic Imaging in Los Angles, California in 2010, followed by a fellowship in Advanced Body Imaging at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles in 2011.
Clinically, Dr. Shum’s time is divided between UCSF and SFGH where she practices diagnostic ultrasound, obstetrical care including participation with the UCSF Fetal Treatment Center assisting in imaged-guided procedures and intraoperative localization. She is the co-author of a significant publication that has appeared in the American Journal of Roentgenology.