Phone: (415) 353-1887
- New York Medical College 2006
- Childrens Hospital-Los Angeles, 2009
- Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, 2012
- Fetal diagnosis and management of congenital heart disease
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography
- Cardiovascular genetics
- Fetal markers of neurodevelopmental outcomes in congenital heart disease
Dr. Shabnam Peyvandi is an assistant professor in the division of pediatric cardiology at UCSF. Her clinical interests include fetal diagnosis and management of congenital heart disease in addition to transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography. She also heads the pediatric cardiovascular genetics program at UCSF, specializing in cardiac genetic issues from fetal development to adulthood. She collaborates with the UCSF Fetal Treatment Center to help coordinate care for fetuses diagnosed with heart problems.
Dr. Peyvandi received her medical degree from New York Medical College and completed her pediatrics residency at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. She then completed a cardiology fellowship and an advanced echocardiography and fetal cardiology fellowship at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia before joining UCSF in the fall of 2013. Dr. Peyvandi’s primary research interests include cardiovascular genetics and fetal markers of neurodevelopmental outcomes in patients with congenital heart disease.