- 2001-2005, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, M.D
- 2005-2008, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
- American Board of Pediatrics, 2008
- Central nervous system development
- Central nervous system injury and inflammation
Dr. Mark Petersen is a clinical fellow in neonatology at UCSF. He received his medical degree from the University of Iowa. Petersen completed his residency training in pediatrics at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford where he subsequently served as chief resident and clinical instructor.